Through the Streets of Paris
Today, I've had Paris on the brain. I've been offered a great opportunity to go with the university but unfortunately due to a number of reasons, the trip really isn't for me. :( It got me thinking though, about past trips and experiences from the city. It's one of my favourite places in the world and I love everything about it and I have some wonderful memories there. I've just been digging through photos I took around the city from the last 5 years and there are really quite a lot of them! I seem to have thousands from one particular trip when I was 17 (unfortunately most of them are of friends pulling silly faces standing next to famous paintings). It was supposedly a photography, fine art and French trip, although I distinctly remember sneaking off down Parisian back allies to drink beer and smoke manky French cigarettes. Since then, I've been back with a group of 6 of my nearest and dearest friends and we were staying in some kind of second rate red light district which was pretty interesting in itself. Our apartment was just minutes from the Pompidou center and a little further from Notre Dame; perfect location. One of my fondest memories is of me and the 6 boys sitting on the grass under the Eiffel Tower at night, just chilling. Perfection. Here's a little selection of my Paris photos from over the years;




No comments:
Post a Comment