Monday, 14 October 2013

Teacakes and Toffeeapples!

As I've mentioned, I was at Hull fair a few days back and I think it's worth talking briefly about the food there. The first time I set foot on the site of the fair I was absolutely gobsmacked; the first thing you come to is what's effectively a street of food stalls. It's not just your average burger vans, oh no! There are noodles, chocolate fountains, carverys, cupcakes, snow cones, fish and chips, and pomegranates, pomegranates EVERYWHERE! Basically everything you can possibly think of, you can probably find somewhere in Hull fair. The pomegranate thing was new to me. Maybe I've just been deprived of quality fairs in the past, but I never knew these delicious pink fruits had such a massive affiliation with fairgrounds! I love them, so I spent a good half an hour hunting for the best pomegranate deals; in the end I found a stall selling 3 for £1. Perfect. 




No comments:

Post a Comment