Friday, 18 October 2013

Printer rant! (and Welsh cats)

Generally speaking, today has been a good day! I've sorted out all the issues that were previously causing me stress.. apart from just the ONE thing. Over the summer, the university decided to change what was already a perfectly functional printing system. Obviously it's now gone horribly wrong now and everyone wants the old system back. Last year, you pressed print and your work would be printed out at the nearest printer. Fine. NOW, you press print and nothing happens. But it's ok because you can then go and get your work from any printer on campus by scanning your student card on the top of the printer and then selecting the documents you want printing from your print list which will appear on the touchscreen display. Great. So I set 3 documents to print and then went off to the nearest printer. When I got there, it was apparently jammed and I needed to remove some paper from the printer tray, which would have been fine, if the department hadn't PADLOCKED the paper trays shut!!!! Presumably this is an attempt to stop students from stealing paper but I was still hugely unimpressed. Anyway, turns out the next nearest printer was on the other side of campus in the library (really handy) so off I went. When I got to the library, there was a massive queue for the printers and when I finally got to the front, everything had disappeared from my print list despite me never printing anything!! To cut a long story short, I got very angry but eventually managed to print something and persuaded the poor library staff to re-credit my account with £1 for the documents that I'd been charged for but hadn't printed. I think it might be time to invest in my own printer. 

I've just been rummaging through old photos and I came across these. When my boyfriend and I went on holiday to Wales a few years ago, we had just discovered this amazing new app which meant we could superimpose a variety of different cats into our photos, so most of our holiday snaps came out like this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment