Today. Where to start? My toothache got so bad that I ended up booking an emergency dentist appointment. Midway through the emergency procedure I had a severe allergic reaction to some medication I'd taken this morning. It was the worst pain I've ever felt and it was super scary as at the time as I had no idea what was happening to me... My screaming was likened to a woman in labour and I terrified everyone in the waiting room. Luckily the dentist's surgery was probably the best place to be; I was surrounded by medically trained people who all kept calm and collected. They managed to get me a doctor within minutes who was then able to diagnose me and calm me down. People always assume that having this kind of problem abroad is the worst thing that could ever happen, but in all honesty I'm glad I was in Malta not the UK as everything was so brilliantly smooth. Anyway, I got my tooth sorted in the end and now I've recovered from the reaction and was able to go back to Mdina this evening (totally pain free!). Here's a few photos from this evening, one from the amazing glass shop. If ever in this county GO TO THE GLASS SHOPS! Really amazing.. even if you don't intend to buy anything it's well worth a look around!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment