Friday, 2 August 2013

Butterflies and Beethoven 9

Another thing that was on my 'ten things I love' was music.. Obviously this needs no explanation but I thought I'd just elaborate a bit.. I have a huge soft spot for pop music and even the occasional dubstep and club.. But what I'm really into is my classical.. And not just any classical... Very early classical. The baroque-er the better! Last year, the year before and this year I've been asked to sing in the BBC proms in the choir with some amazing orchestras and conductors. This Year i'll be in Beethoven 9 and I CAN'T WAIT! Last year, most of the rehearsals for the prom were at the Royal College of Music where I was actually a student for a few years. In between rehearsals, being the antisocial person I am, I left everyone else to their pub lunches and wandered round to the Natural History Museum, which is only around the corner as they had a massive tropical butterfly tent. This is one of my favourite photos from the butterfly tent but it's back this year so hopefully i'll get more pretty pictures! :D 

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/sensational-butterflies/




No comments:

Post a Comment